Stories and poems

"The metaphoric image of 'orphan lines' is a contrivance of the detached onlooker to whom the verbal art of continuous correspondences remains aesthetically alien. Orphan lines in poetry of pervasive parallels are a contradiction in terms, since whatever the status of a line, all its structure and functions are indissolubly interlaced with the near and distant verbal environment, and the task of linguistic analysis is to disclose the levels of this coaction. When seen from the inside of the parallelistic system, the supposed orphanhood, like any other componential status, turns into a network of multifarious compelling affinities.'
Roman JAKOBSON, "Grammatical Parallelism and its Russian Facet", Language, 42/2, 1966, pp. 399-429, p. 428-429

Monday, April 30, 2018

Calling Down the Moon

The Moon is Me

I'm in the moon,
each knee,
each buttock too,
the moon,
each elbow,
each breast,
the moon.
The moon is me.
My head, the moon,
a little moon.
The moon is big
and bright in me.
The moon is full
in me, the moon
fills out my curves,
is hip, is round.
The moon in me,
it enters me
and fills in me
what isn't found.
The moon, it calls,
it makes me
round, it takes me
near, it enters
here, the moon
in me, is round,
is full in me
the moon is.

I've started a new blog with more philosophical musings and plant spirit offerings for your healing journey. Read more there! https://enosburghessences.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment